The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it simply impossible for me to not get errors and bugs with this engine?
AlexxShadenk777 Offline

Threads: 5
Is it simply impossible for me to not get errors and bugs with this engine?

One of the grunts I created is supposed to be a hallucination. So I ticked the 'hallucination' box in the entity properties in the level editor and naturally, it worked.

While it worked, I made several tests while working on a scary event, which also worked. For some reason however, the monster doesn't disappear as an hallucination either. I wrote it into the script too that he's an hallucination but he pretends like he isn't and hangs around like an asshole, destroying proterty, can you believe that?

I don't get it. The setting doesn't work, and the script line supposed to force this monaster to be an hallucination doesn't work either. What gives?

I went as far as deleting said grunt, made a new one, used different names, nothing. He simply does not disappear in smoke.

While it doesn't bother me so much now, since I've scripted the screen fading to black to make him disappear with SetEntityActive, I still would like to understand why it stopped working in the first place.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2011, 05:18 PM by AlexxShadenk777.)
07-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Is it simply impossible for me to not get errors and bugs with this engine? - by AlexxShadenk777 - 07-26-2011, 05:16 PM