Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Wiimote Penumbra Script 1.0 BETA
Grayda Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Wiimote Penumbra Script 1.0 BETA

ziggystardust Wrote:The physics and interaction in this game are pretty original and interesting and with the wiimote, the decent history and the very nice engine of this game... It all makes a perfect experience.

Congrats for the first chapter (this is my first message here), you guys should think seriously on a wii release of the chapters of this game. It's the perfect plataform for your idea and It's a GREAT idea and concept.

I've got a sensor bar now, so I'll work on improving the script. I've played Red Alert 2 using the Wii remote, and it is SO much fun. Even moreso when you're issuing voice commands to your units Big Grin.

The Wii would make a great platform, however you have to remember that the Wii isn't as powerful as a PS3, and the SDK (Software Developers Kit) is miiiighty expensive, or maybe not even available to such "third party" developers such as Frictional Games. However if we buy a few copies of Penumbra each and tell your friends, or the Wii is "unlocked" so Linux can be ported to it, then hey presto, we can have Penumbra on the Wii. Personally, the latter is a cheaper and (In my opinion) more fun and a little more possible at this time ;D

But we'll have to see. 2.0 of the script should be coming soon. I've started implimenting the Sensor Bar into the script, and with some value dulling, should be good to go soonish (Don't hold your breath. Work is time consuming Wink)

-G
05-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Wiimote Penumbra Script 1.0 BETA - by Grayda - 04-22-2007, 05:26 AM