Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Amnesia Crashing When Playing Custom Story (Solved)
Marche100 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Amnesia Crashing When Playing Custom Story

(08-21-2011, 10:31 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(08-21-2011, 10:28 PM)Marche100 Wrote: Explain what you mean by reinstalling, though. Reinstalling what exactly? Amnesia, the game/the editor, or what (I'll assume you mean the game, though, but just to make sure)?

Yes, the entire game.

Ok, well, I took the .hps file and renamed it, started it up, and it got the same exact crash error.

Then I uninstalled Amnesia and reinstalled it. Then I tried it. Same error.

I'm going to post these same results over on the thread I made Technical board for Amnesia as a whole. It doesn't look like this error is going to go down without a fight, so I need all the help I can get.

Edit: Ok, I found out what the problem is with the help of Tanshaydar. It was in the extra_english.lang file. I had this:

<CATEGORY> Name="Inventory">

when I should have had this:

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">

Wow, I just can't believe that it was a simple problem with a bracket. Anyways, thanks again for all your help. Your ideas were much appreciated, as was your help. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2011, 12:30 PM by Marche100.)
08-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Crashing When Playing Custom Story - by Marche100 - 08-21-2011, 11:59 PM