Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intangible appearing planes
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Intangible appearing planes

I mean that you can set non colliding planes, but you probably can't change them to colliding using scripting (and I know you can't set them as inactive using scripts). That's why entities would have to be used.

I thought you meant that you wanted to have it solid, and then non-solid but still there, but I guess you mean just active and then inactive after, sorry.

Block box is just the name of an entity in the game. It's just a rectangle entity with no texture that's been changed to be made invisible, but have physics at the same time, so it acts as an invisible barrier, hence why they named it block_box.

So, if I get what you're saying, all you need to do is create 1 entity. You can probably use the black_plane entity. So you can open up the model editor with it and save it as a new .ent file. When using the material editor, you need to use .dds format (in most cases). Make sure you name the material the same as the ent file you make.
09-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Intangible appearing planes - by Bennick - 09-26-2011, 04:59 AM
RE: Intangible appearing planes - by Obliviator27 - 09-26-2011, 05:53 AM
RE: Intangible appearing planes - by Gilgamesh - 09-26-2011, 12:59 PM
RE: Intangible appearing planes - by MrBigzy - 09-26-2011, 01:28 PM
RE: Intangible appearing planes - by Bennick - 09-26-2011, 02:36 PM
RE: Intangible appearing planes - by MrBigzy - 09-26-2011, 02:44 PM