Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work in progress Nature - A Custom Story Concept/Story from Frawst
frawst Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Nature - A Custom Story Concept/Story from Frawst

(09-29-2011, 08:31 AM)DRedshot Wrote: I personally prefer this story to your other one. The other one didn't appeal to me, and although it is eerie, and not at all Cliche, It is not something I would use, but that's just me. Smile

This story on the other hand, is pretty deep and sinister, I like the way that you get little glimpses of your childhood so you know something about your background, which hint that something was abnormal, but doesn't directly say what it was. Also, It is you, the player, who is the cause of it all, which I find great because it really makes you question everything you do.

Spoiler below!
Remember back in the main amnesia game, where you started getting memories of killing innocent children, it made you hate your own player, and made you question what is right, and what is wrong...

There is only one flaw really - the player is free to do what he wants in game, he could act purely by emotion if he chooses, which would contradict Andrews lack of it.

All in all, I love your Lovecraftian styled stories, and this one is my favourite of the two. This is really worth using by someone. If I had the resources to make sound effects and flashbacks and I wasn't already making one, I would love to give this a shot.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the feedback. Your idea of the 'freedom' can easily be changed by crafty map design with effects and whatnot, since most of the game takes place in dreams and whatnot, the only way to finish a level would be like forcing you to do something that *you* would naturally do, e.g. mame a little girls dog because she stole your eraser in class (idk, just a random idea haha)

09-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nature - A Custom Story Concept/Story from Frawst - by frawst - 09-29-2011, 04:26 PM