Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: "Who" did you feel like
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I was myself in the game from start to finish
49.63%
67 49.63%
I started out acting as myself and then slowing acted more as Daniel as I learned about him.
38.52%
52 38.52%
I acted as Daniel from start to finish.
11.85%
16 11.85%
Total 135 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia

(12-23-2012, 06:45 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I know that it's really hard to make a triple A game, but ideally, those journal entries could have been acted out in cutscenes, as flashbacks of memories. Instead of having a past Daniel being read to him, the player could experience those situations first hand. First experiences are always the best, because they connect directly to the player, and is up to the player to relate to. Journal entries are fine, though, but it's weird how almost all of them are from Daniel.

I think they might've been purposefully setting distance between the old Daniel and the current one, so that the player could better discover and ponder the mysteries of the Castle in efforts to uncover who they once were; essentially in the same position of the protagonist. You're supposed to feel connected -- not to the past Daniel, but to the current Daniel, who is nothing more than someone confused, frightened, and lost trying to make sense of what's happening; the position they were hoping to place the player in.
12-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia - by failedALIAS - 12-23-2012, 09:10 PM