Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: "Who" did you feel like
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I was myself in the game from start to finish
49.63%
67 49.63%
I started out acting as myself and then slowing acted more as Daniel as I learned about him.
38.52%
52 38.52%
I acted as Daniel from start to finish.
11.85%
16 11.85%
Total 135 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia

(10-09-2011, 09:58 PM)Kein Wrote: Hmm... I don't think i was either of those variants.
I was... well, i felt like I was more like observer. The first person pov is not always a choice of story/conception narration, sometimes it is a technical choice, but still... usually it being used to let the players associate themselves with main hero easily, more swift. Yet I felt like I was playing a 3rd person game and I was a 3rd person in there.
But when doing actions, ie acting out, who did you act as? You simply cannot just be a pure oberver like you are in film, because the interactive nature require you to make decisions. So I can understand that you are an observer during some parts, but when it comes time for you to do something, you need to react in some manner. And what is of interest is then who you chose to interact as, yourself or the fictional character Daniel?
10-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia - by Thomas - 10-10-2011, 07:48 AM