Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: "Who" did you feel like
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I was myself in the game from start to finish
49.63%
67 49.63%
I started out acting as myself and then slowing acted more as Daniel as I learned about him.
38.52%
52 38.52%
I acted as Daniel from start to finish.
11.85%
16 11.85%
Total 135 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia
securit Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia

When I played the game for the first time I felt like everything had happened many years ago, and that I was reliving the horrors as a different person. In the same way that some of the early letters are written about events that happened months/years ago, I read all the letters like that. So while I was experiencing Daniel's horrific story, it didn't feel like I was re-living the experience as Daniel.

I think to some extent I was also expecting a game about my character going crazy (the "descent"), and so I wasn't sure if what I was experiencing was actually happening - particularly the monsters.

I was, therefore, surprised that Agrippa was still alive, and was addressing me as Daniel. But even after that point, I felt that I was experiencing torture that happened, not that I was responsible for it myself. The stuff I was expecting to come round the corner and kill me was rather more of a concern.

I have since enjoyed replaying it many times "as" Daniel though, now I know the full significance of the letters, the torture sounds and the crying girl screaming "get away from me".
10-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia - by securit - 10-16-2011, 10:12 AM