Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Looking for Custom Story partners
ExtinctSilence Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Looking for Custom Story partners

I actually do not have amnesia right now, we played it at my friends house all the way through, so I am downloading it right now. When I have it I will try out your map assuming I can download the Justine DLC. As for the story, I see a few Ideas that you can discuss with your friend as to where you want this story to go.

1. You wake up not knowing where you are, with a note on the desk explaining that a person has captured you for taking part in a crime or action that ruined his life in some way. You find the key, open the door, then the monster chases you to the next room. I do not know how that room will work out and will think about it later if you decide on this one. There may be though directly after this and a few more obstacles constructed by the captor after which you find a way to escape the "testing" area. This is where the prison REALLY comes into effect and this part I would love to write notes for. This would be where the former "subjects" were kept and there would be a watch room revealing information over all the prisoners, including yourself, and the captor. The cellar could also be a chance to reveal a few things as maybe it will contain chemicals needed to break into the so called master or watch room (all of this is imperative to the game as there may be a key to get into the captor's watch room). The main Idea is to escape testing and either end the tester or find yourself.

2. You are crazy and dont realize it yet. You have gone mad, you later learn (from you guessed it, the prison), of keeping in a dark secret so much it is unbearable. These journals that progress to madness will be found in a master room (i rather like this idea) which is holding your (and every other crazy person's) personal belongings. You are in the rooms and are acting relatively sane, you find out, because they are testing a drug on you. The others became deformed from earlier tests thus explaining the grunts and such. Notes on these would be fun to do as well, as creativity can come to the mentally ill. The main Idea is to escape and live a normal life with your newly cleaned slate. This also leaves opprotunity for a sequel where the drug wheres off and you are once more found insane if this takes off.

3. Reading a note to yourself upon waking that describes you as a literal volunteer for testing, you say that you were allowed to leave a note explaining to your now clueless self what is going on. You hint that there is a very good reason for giving your life away (for science even, if you would like the past to dwell on mental retardation or a brain injury resulting in a loved one's accidental new found stupidity, in which you would like to find a cure for by sacrificing yourself). The tests suddenly become one of deception, if possible to do over loud speakers (the one version that will DEFINITELY REQUIRE VOICE ACTORS) that this test was a hoax and is a study of behavior and reactions, becoming a boom in the early 20th century. I could put a lot of different scare factors here, ESPECIALLY with voice actors. The person then goes to the prison, learns of past subjects, blah blah blah and then escapes in a way similar to the second so that they can try to cure their loved ones on their own.

Those are 3 that I really am excited to write, and all have underlying themes of sometimes its best to come to terms (not let things well up inside). If you would like other Ideas, they may not be as flexible for me but ill try, but mind you I believe these to be the best options with what you had in mind.

Tell me when you have an idea of which you want to do so I can start. I am working tomorrow and friday so I may reply later at night both days if i have time.

P.S. I would halt all production until we know what story we are doing, dont want to waste time on something we end up throwing out

Cheers

Tyler
10-13-2011, 03:05 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Looking for Custom Story partners - by Carlyle - 10-12-2011, 12:14 AM
RE: Looking for Custom Story partners - by ExtinctSilence - 10-13-2011, 03:05 AM
RE: Looking for Custom Story partners - by xtron - 10-27-2011, 06:19 PM
RE: Looking for Custom Story partners - by GrAVit - 11-01-2011, 08:48 PM
RE: Looking for Custom Story partners - by GrAVit - 11-02-2011, 01:57 PM