Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Slightly disappointed by Penumbra Overture
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Slightly disappointed by Penumbra Overture

Yeah the dull and very dark scene seems a better way to set the game, the castle in Amnesia has windows and you kinda have a feel of freedom of the outside world. With Overture, your in a trapped mine knowing that you can't turn back and the only way to get out and escape is to more forward and explore. Such a great game. The more we talk about it, the better it sounds haha.

Compared to most horrors (films and games) where you actually see the monster and know what your up against, kinda kills the horror in some way. Like the more I came across a dog and spiders, I would just run in front of it and run away. Made it more fun, especially the spiders, until one jumped in front of my face. never panicked so much haha.

Films like Paranormal Activity (first thing that came to my head) works really well as a horror. Has some great jumpy moments, and the fact you don't actually see what is haunting them and what it looks like, makes it much more intense. Can't think of many games that doesn't really show the monster. Guess it sort works with amnesia cause you don't properly see the monster till a bit later on.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
12-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slightly disappointed by Penumbra Overture - by BrooksyFC - 12-14-2011, 05:38 PM