Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Overture - problem with graphics card
vladdracul Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra Overture - problem with graphics card

Right, while running the dirver tetect I was only able to 'analysie' AMD and Nividia, ATI and the other thing weren't on there to select, but I ran it anyway and cleaned what came up. Rebooted, and when the screen turned on the resolution was all weird, I tried to fix it but I couldn't get it to the way it was before.
Downloaded and ran the program (do I need to do anything else with it?). Rebooted again, but my resolution was still screwy :S.. I changed it to 1280X1024 as it was before, but the icons are really small now.. how do I fix that??
Oh while I was installing the AMD program I had an error during installation; 'Driver Install: the INF file was not found'. and when it finished there was an error in the Log. Under the section of 'Packages for install' the Catalyst Control center was successful, and so was the ATI Catalyst Install Manager, but the ATI Display Driver failed to install. This also happened every other time I ran the program before :/

I haven't tired to run the game yet

well I fixed the resolution...but that's nothing compared to everything else.. None of my games work now, either for Steam or not, which obviously includes Penumbra.. giving me the same message as in my first post on this forum. One of the games I tired to run game me an error message at least..;

"No suitable graphics card found.

Could not find a Direct3D device that supports the XNA Framework Reach profile

Verify that a suitable graphics devise is installed.

Make sure the desktop is not locked, and that no other application is running in full screen mode.

Avoid running under Remote Desktop or as a Windows service.

Check the display properties to make sure hardware acceleration is set to Full."
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2011, 02:39 AM by vladdracul.)
11-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Penumbra Overture - problem with graphics card - by vladdracul - 11-02-2011, 01:44 AM