The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler The best scares you missed.
velius2820 Offline

Threads: 1
The best scares you missed.

Hey everyone, I wanna start off saying I love this game. I've beaten it around 5 times now and watched about 10 or so lets plays of it. I just beat it again tonight while waiting for a steam game to download and I came upon a scare I had never seen before. It got me thinking about just how many scares are in this game that are extremely rare to happen upon. I've got a couple that I have experienced only myself and none of the LPers that I watched witnessed.

*SPOILER SCARES AHEAD*

When you are in the dungeons level 1 and if you have to go back downstairs to get the hammer you get treated to a neat little event. As soon as you head to the bottom of that set of stairs at the fork there will be this artificial light ahead and a gatherer will spawn. The gatherer then proceeds to blink out of existence and appear closer to you and blink again and appear even closer. It creates the appearance that he is barreling towards you very quickly and the light is swinging back and forth obscuring it from your view. Definitely an intense moment.

My other is the one I encountered today. Now I said I've beaten it many times and seen it beat even more, so this game doesnt really scare me all that much anymore. Although when I had just arrived in the sewers I of course sit through the first gatherer spawn and then head off to the right to get the loose pipe. So I'm running and jumping along without a care in the world, grab the pipe and then on the way back I hear a water monster and I even see the splashes headed toward me. I flipped out pretty quick, although the monster never came after me or anything. In all my playthroughs and watchthroughs I had never seen a water monster in this area, just heard the sounds of one in the collapsed hallway on the left.

So do you guys have any hidden scare gems that maybe some of us have never experienced?

Also I'm sorry if this is too heavy on spoilers, please move it to the hints section if it is, I just figured it was more suited to general discussion.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2011, 07:13 AM by jens.)
11-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
The best scares you missed. - by velius2820 - 11-14-2011, 06:52 AM
RE: The best scares you missed. - by Googolplex - 11-14-2011, 05:17 PM
RE: The best scares you missed. - by velius2820 - 11-14-2011, 09:00 PM
RE: The best scares you missed. - by Googolplex - 11-15-2011, 04:47 PM
RE: The best scares you missed. - by Hardarm - 11-17-2011, 02:11 PM
RE: The best scares you missed. - by Gasjockey - 11-15-2011, 07:06 PM
RE: The best scares you missed. - by Fomzo - 11-15-2011, 07:52 PM