The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoiler I have a few things to say.
Scarred Pajamas Offline

Threads: 1
I have a few things to say.

As much as I enjoyed my journey through Castle Brendenburg, I have a few things to say regarding the journey itself.

1. Tinderboxes are way to plentiful: Despite the fact that Tinderboxes can run out fast, it doesn't mean that their not everywhere. And even so, if you hold off on using them, since you can logically sneak through the game in the crouch position with no trouble at all, it becomes a little too easy to maneuver. The plentifulness of Tinderboxes diminishes hiding spots when you light up something, so its better just to treck back to a lit room, close the door, hide, and wait for the psyche to come back up.

2. Oil is way to un-common: This is me mearly being a nit picker, but oil seemed to only appear once in a blue moon, basically turning your lantern pointless until you just need to use it. Its actually way less expensive and hard or time consuming to just run through the game lighting all the torches in your path, and keeping a area perma lit. But as discussed before, this diminishes hiding spots, making it harder on you to explore safely.

3. The monsters appeared way to often: This is just my personal taste but I was hoping never getting to see a clear picture of the monster, but it seems like the grunt and even the brute a bit want to be in the spotlight, always seeming to pass by Daniel while a torch is near. You even get a special close up with a cut in half grunt halfway through the game or so. Despite how horrifying they look, it becomes hard to be scarred of something when you see its organs cut in half like swiss cheese.

These are the only things that I felt compelled to feedback on, and I still very much love this game. It just doesn't feel right that these had to be a issue when the game was basically my game of the year. This is all really just nit-picking and I feel like the Modding community got a lot done in order to fix these problems for their maps. The amount of corner hugging I did early on was out of direct fear of the monster I just barely saw, but when you get to look at the thing you fear through a micro-scope, everything that made that monster scary is gone. I loved, BLOODY LOVED the fact that early on you only saw like the bare ass of the monster, if you were lucky, but at the end you see it every 10 minutes while it walks past a torch. At the end of the game all my corner hugging was out of routine instead of out of fear of death.

The story was phenomal and the gameplay was what a Survival horror should be, if they ever make a sequel, please try too, this game is just too good to go without a new game in the same format. Even a new penumbra game.
11-28-2011, 03:57 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
I have a few things to say. - by Scarred Pajamas - 11-28-2011, 03:57 AM
RE: I have a few things to say. - by BendyBread - 11-28-2011, 10:16 AM
RE: I have a few things to say. - by BlueFury - 11-28-2011, 04:53 PM
RE: I have a few things to say. - by Juby - 11-29-2011, 03:13 AM
RE: I have a few things to say. - by Kein - 11-30-2011, 01:02 AM
RE: I have a few things to say. - by OptimusMX - 12-03-2011, 04:22 PM
RE: I have a few things to say. - by Scooch - 01-17-2012, 06:33 AM