Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make an enemy spawn facing a certain way
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13
RE: How to make an enemy spawn facing a certain way

(12-15-2011, 09:47 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Not sure what you meant by wanting the monster to not have animations, but if it is as how i interpreted it, then why not just use the .dae file of the monster? If by animation you meant walking to the path node, you could just place the path node 0.01 meters or less in front of the monster in the direction you want him to stare at (and possibly have a timer remove all patrol nodes). As for the monster disappearing before reaching him: monsters are automatically disabled under one condition: the player is out of the monster's activation distance. Default distance is 40 meters. The only way the monster will stay activated when the player is out of the activation distance is if the player can still see the monster. Your only option if the monster disappears is to increase the activation distance, in this way the path node directly in front of the monster will work; however, as implied, the monster, if triggers are active, will be sticking around for a long time.
That sounds like exactly what I am aiming for! Though my final question is, how do I increase the activation distance of the enemy?

12-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to make an enemy spawn facing a certain way - by Cryaotic - 12-15-2011, 10:02 AM