Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
The Cursed House V2
Nomad923 Offline

Threads: 15
RE: The Cursed House V1

(12-27-2011, 06:11 PM)Shadowfied Wrote: Huge improvement from the demo (obviously) but I still think it is quite bad. Here's my "review". If you haven't played the map yet, play it first.

Spoiler below!

• The mapping isn't great, but there is quite a bit of rooms to search to make up for those small problems.
• Seriously, please use some more variation when spawning enemies, more than half of all enemies were spawned by picking up items.
• When unlocking a door with a padlock, you usually use the key on the padlock itself instead of the door it is attached to, so first I thought the key was for another door until I tried using it on the gate itself, so I recommend making the padlock disappear by using the key on the padlock itself.
• There is one room (can't remember what the area / level was called) where there was a room without walls etc, pretty much an unfinished room.
• One good scare was the one in the room where there was a key on a bed. I was not expecting that and I didn't understand how he spawned. I'm assuming it was a timer after entering the room, cause he appeared before I picked up the key and not immediately when I moved the bed, so good work on that.
• Another thing is to lock the levers after using them, otherwise it may be a bit confusing.
• In "Mom's Room" the grunt only has two waypoints, perhaps you should change that so there is actually a way to get past him.
• In "Mom's Room" there is also one of those weird cylinder things that makes the screen go white and usually display some text, but there's no text. May I ask why you have that there?

All in all, a decent map but needs quite a bit of polishing and changes. You have potential though, and I do encourage you to make more.
Thanks, The next cs that i am working on will be much better, the only reason why this one was not so good was because this was my very first cs and was still in the progress of learning. I have learned alot more and i promise the next will be awesome.

[Image: qg_logo.png]
12-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
The Cursed House V2 - by Nomad923 - 12-21-2011, 01:00 AM
RE: The Cursed House [Demo] - by Dark Knight - 12-21-2011, 09:00 PM
RE: The Cursed House [Demo] - by Nomad923 - 12-22-2011, 04:36 AM
RE: The Cursed House V1 - by Shadowfied - 12-27-2011, 06:11 PM
RE: The Cursed House V1 - by Nomad923 - 12-27-2011, 11:40 PM
RE: The Cursed House V1 - by Statyk - 12-28-2011, 12:23 AM
RE: The Cursed House V1 - by Nomad923 - 12-28-2011, 04:00 AM
RE: The Cursed House V2 - by Ivan4ik - 01-04-2012, 03:06 PM