Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Rope help
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
RE: Block_box

I am not entirely sure on the specific workings of the rag-doll entity (if it is set up as a standard prop the following should work though). The ropeNode should have "Start Body" and "End body" fields - which you will need to enter your ragdoll entity into one of (and your wall or block_box into the other). The original position of the pos-node relative to the body is used as the attach point. For example, if I had a coin and placed a rope connecting to the heads side, the rope would always try to be attached to the heads side. Note that the rope doesn't have collision detection as far as I am aware.

Answer To old question regarding what block_boxes do:
Spoiler below!

The normal version acts like an invisible wall. The variants are the same principle but with some different settings (E.g: Only blocks props and not the player, has mass (and can move) etc). If you want to check what the others do open them up in the model editor and click on the object - it should tell you the body properties.

If you edit your post to add a new question - would you kindly leave the original post quoted or in spoiler tags so that others with a similar problem, if searching, find the thread. Of course, if your problem is separate you are still encouraged to open a new topic.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2011, 03:47 AM by Apjjm.)
12-30-2011, 03:33 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Rope help - by Measuring - 12-30-2011, 03:19 AM
RE: Block_box - by Apjjm - 12-30-2011, 03:33 AM
RE: Rope help - by Measuring - 12-30-2011, 11:18 PM
RE: Rope help - by DanielRand47 - 09-20-2012, 04:54 AM