Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A simple tweak to make Overture's combat a bit more accessible?
masa2009 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: A simple tweak to make Overture's combat a bit more accessible?

You might be a hardcore fan, but even after playing for several hours, it still didn't feel right to me, and message boards are full of people to whom it never felt right. So that must say something. Forcing you to temporarily freeze the camera to fend off such fast enemies is not wise.
Fact is, the developer removed combat entirely from the second game.

But to make the gameplay work without weapon in Black Plague, they also drastically reduced the number of enemy encounters. Plus they changed enemy types and attacks.

In Overture however, enemies are very frequent, their jumping attacks are not really fit for the controls, and it's harder to run away from foes altogether.
So Overture might not be designed for all out combat, but it doesn't feel balanced all that well for pure stealth either, especially since it's pretty hard to avoid the first encounter with the dog and several spider attacks.

That's why, as a lesser evil, I'm intrigued to imagine how a slight tweak to the combat system like the one in my original message might affect the playing experience in Overture.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2012, 01:19 PM by masa2009.)
01-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A simple tweak to make Overture's combat a bit more accessible? - by masa2009 - 01-23-2012, 01:17 PM