Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A simple tweak to make Overture's combat a bit more accessible?
masa2009 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: A simple tweak to make Overture's combat a bit more accessible?

Accessible isn't just about being easy, it's about making sense. Yes, it would probably make the game easier because the tweak I'm describing would be mere a fix tacked onto an existing game. But that's not the goal. The goal is to avoid difficulty that's artifical, where the challenge is the product of a clearly videogamey, mechanical limitation that has nothing to do with what happens in the gameworld.

I still fail to see how freezing the camera is a pertinent way of encouraging players not to tackle enemies head on? It is not even a constraint that has any rooting in reality. So why would I accept such a bizarre restriction, not as a gameplay oversight, but as a subtle way of discouraging the player to use weapons against living creatures?

It's obvious the enemies were changed to justify the new gameplay. You think that the absence of dogs and spiders is only because the story called for it?

Finally, I'm not chosing to play a game based on my opinion of it. I play the game, and only then can I forge an opinion.
01-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A simple tweak to make Overture's combat a bit more accessible? - by masa2009 - 01-23-2012, 10:20 PM