Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Something in Penumbra that went missing in Amnesia
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Something in Penumbra that went missing in Amnesia

I exactly agree with the topic.
This are my words, the exploration mode for items makes the game more immersing.
You can do more with items, read what Philip is thinking about it.
In Amnesia you only can walk through the environments, throw some boxes and pick up oil and tinderboxes.
No tricky physical thoughts on the objects. This was really immersing in Penumbra and I also missed it in Amnesia.

Fully agree with you here.

An other problem are the bad texts in Amnesia, like "You must find it before use.." or "Follow the trail and find the source...".
The texts are more hints, given by a third person to Daniel or given by the computer.
In Penumbra it was Philips thoughts "Mmm... it seems to be in worn condition..." or "I don't know what it is, perhaps I should take along...".

This thoughts are more knowless, he was thinking, not knowing and puzzles never get destroyed by hints.
The player self should find out what to do and not get a text what says that he has to put the coal into the burner. I mean, what's that for a puzzle when the solution is given by the text?

This is why I reworked the german lang file for Amnesia to make it more like Penumbra, more immersing.

I really hope, Frictional Games will read this and noticed that for the future.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2012, 07:43 PM by Googolplex.)
03-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something in Penumbra that went missing in Amnesia - by Googolplex - 03-08-2012, 07:34 PM