Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Brillant Marketing Idea (I.E. Android/Apple)
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Brillant Marketing Idea (I.E. Android/Apple)

(08-28-2012, 10:53 AM)Traggey Wrote: @ OP. You're not the first to think of this idea and you do not own it in any way.
Amnesia would not play well on a phone, the game asks you to wear headphones and play in the dark as you start it up, it'll get very hard to immerse yourself whilst playing on a tiny phone screen. And honestly, watching Pewdiepie play the game is probably not the best representation of the game, playing something like Garrys mod on a phone would be just fine because it's just ''for the luls'', this is not what Amnesia is about.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Playing Amnesia on a console couldn't even provide half of the immersion compared to playing it on a PC; taking it a step further to a hand held device? That is just truly laughable. What's the point of playing one of the best point and click horror games centered around immersion - if you have no immersion? It would be a horrible waste of time and money for the devs. I swear, every time one of these threads pops up, I feel like the OP has never even touched Amnesia: The Dark Descent, but one of his friends showed him a Pewderpeeps video and suddenly they're an expert on the horror genre and game industry.

While I'm in a ranting mood: Multiplayer could never work for a game like Amnesia. Every co-op game that is supposedly horror seems to be nothing more than a FPS with jumpscares that end up being more annoying and immersion breaking than scary (if someone can find me a co-op horror game with immersion comparable to Amnesia, I'll definitely change my mind; since that will most likely never happen, allow me to continue). It doesn't take extensive knowledge in the field of Psychology to know that having a friend by your side would greatly reduce the horror experience when compared to being alone; its simply human nature. People can argue that they do it for "fun", but that word doesn't belong near the horror genre; horror is engaging. If you want fun, go player a game meant for fun.

I rate it 3 memes.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2012, 11:17 AM by Adny.)
08-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brillant Marketing Idea (I.E. Android/Apple) - by Adny - 08-28-2012, 11:15 AM