The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress [RELEASE DATE 2012/7/7 ] Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
[RELEASE DATE 2012/7/7 ] Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm

[Image: 920447logo.png]

Creator: Kreekakon
Release Date: 2012/7/7

Story:
You are a Taiwanese university student named Hao-Che "Howard" Shie who goes to the Hsiung-Ming
University. On what seems like a typical morning, Howard is alone in his dorm room sleeping because of all his roommates, he is the only one without morning classes. Suddenly, an emergency evacuation of dorm broadcast rings out for some reason, waking Howard up suddenly. In his frantic attempts to get off the top bunk of his bed, he falls to the floor, and is knocked unconscious.

Hours later, he wakes up, and finds that the dorm building is now completely deserted since the evacuation (During which he was left behind in the panic), and enveloped by a strange unnatural darkness...

What can be Expected From the Story:
  • The darkness enveloping the dorm is not a random occurrence created for no reason just for sake of scares. Reasons for the crisis will/may be hinted in the prologue, and will be a main focus of the actual series.
  • Very few, if any, scares depending on loud, suddenly appearing objects. I am aiming to make the atmosphere of the custom story as tense as possible without relying on jumpscares. Everyone is welcome to offer advice on the matter if they wish^^
Features:
  • Voice-acting in Chinese with English subtitles. Main reason for this is so that my peers in Taiwan who do not understand English as well can also enjoy the story.
  • Decision to include English voice-acting version is pending.
  • Main setting will be the dorm building. Date is modern day
  • Will use models from the White Night FC. Credit shall be given where due.
  • Is currently expected to have three maps, with one being a combination of a map with its own secrets, as well as a hub.
  • Playthrough time is expected to be roughly 10-20 minutes. Subject to change as development continues.
Technical Expectations:
Mainly the reason I chose to start off with a short prologue for the story I've come up with is to see if I have what it takes to take on bigger projects, AKA continuing this series after I've finished the prologue. The series is IMHO quite ambitious. Also, I'll use this chance with a small prologue to stack up on skill with the editors.

If you haven't figured it out yet, this is my first custom story.

Trivia:
  • Dorm design is based off of the actual dorm I live in.
  • Hsiung-Ming University is an inside-pun based off of the school district which I go to, called Ming-Hsiung
  • Hao-Che "Howard" Shie, is my roommate, and will be voicing himself, as Howard's Chinese voice actor.
Progress:
  • Main hub map is approximately 85% complete.
  • Current approximate work time: 18 hours
  • A small demo-test compressed version of the game which only utilizes the one almost completed map is available for testers. It is very incomplete, and subject to change.
Currently Needed:
Up to FIVE testers. Do not apply if you are only looking to playing a CS before its release. Apply only if you are able to spot errors in maps, provide constructive criticism, be good at recommending ways to make atmosphere, or scares better.

I wish to improve. Only apply if you can help me do so.

Positions:
1. Acies
2. ThoseRandomGuyz
3. HumiliatioN
4. Cranky Old Man
5. SUMMER^

Screenshots:
NOTE: The light in the map has been increased somewhat for these screenshots. The actual map, and experience will be much, much darker.

Spoiler below!

[Image: 387517dormroomshot.png]

Spoiler below!

[Image: 209615dormhallway.png]

Spoiler below!

[Image: 630560dormcommorroom.png]

Updates:
3/29/2012:
Project announced on Frictional Games forums. Main hub map is approximately 85% complete.

3/31/2012:
Work has begun on second map of the game. Standard building layout (Walls, doors, windows...) is complete. A few entities are also in place.

4/3/2012:
Short opening cinematic 50% complete
Game's title logo complete

4/7/2012:
Second map is overall 95% complete (This includes both mapping, and scripting).

4/18/2012:
Finally managed to reach a breakthrough in texturing. Work on final "large" map of the story has finally started.

4/19/2012:
Standard building layout for newest map(Walls, doors, windows...) is complete. Expect screenshots soon.

Well that's about it guys. If you have any feedback, feel free to give it^^
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2012, 03:24 PM by Kreekakon.)
03-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
[RELEASE DATE 2012/7/7 ] Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Kreekakon - 03-28-2012, 06:32 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Acies - 03-28-2012, 08:26 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Acies - 03-29-2012, 06:13 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Acies - 04-07-2012, 02:12 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Acies - 04-07-2012, 02:25 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Acies - 04-07-2012, 02:48 PM