Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Could I get some feedback on this please?
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26
RE: Could I get some feedback on this please?

(04-01-2012, 05:28 PM)Putmalk Wrote: Well I got all three.

Billboards for the window rays, although maybe I didn't play them right. I was never good at them.

Pointlights, I have sporadically, it's supposed to be a really dark map, but in the tunnel I put the pointlight for a few reasons: highlight what I consider to be a good mapping area Tongue and because there's so many lamps I figured they would light up the place a bit. In the wine cellar there is another pointlight because it's not as dark as the kitchen area.

And there are particles - fog, flies, dust falling, etc. littered around the map, although maybe a bit more is needed.

Yes - the rooms are a bit empty. What would you suggest I fill them up with? I think an overabundance of like crates and stuff would make it unrealistic.

Stuff that I changed after posting this video: There is a music that plays when the grunt is banging on the door, and I added a break sound to the crowbar stuff.
Billboards: I would suggest looking at the original maps on how they made they billboards

PointLights: Yes maps can still be dark but for example if you have a torch or light you can connect a pointlight for it.

Particles: Also with particles look at different TDD maps on how you could get the best settings and stuff.

When building on cellar, Using big wine barrels, and dividing walls takes alot of space and using both the crates and barrels in containers and Storage makes you able to have alot of variety with crates. And using shelves, rations and other things. As I said before look at some TDD maps for example Wine Cellar or Storage Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2012, 05:34 PM by SilentStriker.)
04-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could I get some feedback on this please? - by SilentStriker - 04-01-2012, 05:34 PM