Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Could I get some feedback on this please?
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Could I get some feedback on this please?

(04-01-2012, 07:42 PM)Putmalk Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 07:34 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 07:24 PM)Putmalk Wrote: Just curious, was anyone actually scared when the monster started to break the door?
I don't scare easily, but I noted (even if this wasn't actually the case) that it was good timing to link the opening of the chest to the monster, especially since the player had his back turned to the door. A shorter distance to the door would have helped to make it scarier.
It wasn't linked to the chest, it was 5 seconds after you pick up the crowbar or if you approach any of the doors. It was pure accident that it happened as I opened the chest. Either way, you're going to be in that room when the monster busts the door down.
Well, no, I'm not, because it takes three seconds for him to break down the door, and that's plenty of time for me to exit the room through the other door, so while it's fair to warn the player, there's no real emergency. It was also a fairly large room, so I even think that I could run a circle around him and go through the door opening he just created, if I had to.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could I get some feedback on this please? - by Cranky Old Man - 04-01-2012, 07:53 PM