Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

too much convenience in other games...
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: too much convenience in other games...

It is true games are getting easier in general, though I don't necessarily agree that games need to be inherently harder; a balance has to be struck. Anytime I play a new game I set it on the hardest difficulty and rarely have a problem. I don't say that to brag, I think games really are much too easy nowadays. It needs to be more like: easier lower difficulties and harder hard difficulties, so that people wanting a challenge have the option to.

What I don't want to see in newer games is mandatory save scumming like in many older games; it doesn't add to the experience it just makes it more annoying to play. In some modern FPSs you can breeze through the levels without worrying too much about anything whereas in an older FPS like Blood you have to save before basically every action, because you can easily walk into a room and get killed in one second (even on normal!). That style of gameplay really isn't exciting to me at all. Not only does save scumming rob all the tension that might otherwise be present it slows down the gameplay considerably, which is a tough sell for an action FPS.
05-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: too much convenience in other games... - by Bridge - 05-22-2012, 09:25 PM