Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[WIP][Story complete]Retracing memories
madifier Offline

Threads: 3
RE: [WIP]Retracing memories

Recap:
*Retracing memories is the name of the story. You will be wandering this world in search of WHO you are and WHAT you were doing to know WHERE you need to go. This should be simple enough to figure out, so much of your time will be spent looking at all the scenery.
*There will be multiple endings. like 14 or 15 I still haven't taken the time to count. All of them are a matter of personal preference.
*The world is massive and yet not, so you have options as to how you get from point A to point B and for the most part you can either backtrack or go through unexplored areas.
*I'm doing this for fun with the only thing in mind of receiving is attention. So anyone able to contribute will only be able to receive credit for the work they do. I"m sorry for being poor, but that's life.
*It'll probably be sometime 2013 before I'm done since I'm spending what little free time I have on it between 40-50 hour work weeks. Not to mention fighting the programs that I'm using to build it. The more I work, the easier it's getting.
*The story itself is pretty well laid out, with ending scenes still needing to be made.

Progress Report: (probably make these regularly on Sundays)
*Took a couple days to make the first forest area, but afterwards the next 3 sections went up pretty fast which laid out the "Woodlands" area. There will be 3 forests "Woodlands" (easy), "Forest of the Lost" (you guys are gonna hate me XD), "Forbidden Woods" (most dangerous). I have a problem though, I'm using the same model tree for everything. I would like a variety if I can, but it's not the end of the world either.
*Other map areas I've worked on and am pretty happy with are "East District", "West District", "Docks", "Ranch", and "Southern Valley", so in total this week I've laid out 9 areas.
*"East District" is still gonna need a bit of work. It's an industrial part of town where raw materials would go and basic products would come out. Example is a tree would go in and planks come out. So a lumberyard will most likely be here. The area is known for the transfer of goods on land, meaning the demand for carts are high, and thus built here next to the lumberyard. I don't know what else to build.

Things I could use, but not just yet:
*Entities: For now I'm placing the generic Amnesia models, enemies, misc in my maps as place holders until I can get some custom models. I have in mind a few enemies I'd like in the game, but I'll only disclose that via PM. It wouldn't be much fun if I posted what was to be expected.
*Voice actors: I won't worry about this until the end of the project. Might try to bum some locals for this one. I can safely say there are at least 4 people that speak at the end of the game. Two older men, a young woman, and a deep voice male. I say at least 4, because I haven't decided if I should use text or voice for the multiple endings.
*Music: The only time you'll hear music is in man-made areas such as taverns, castles or places of entertainment such as a group of bandits who have instruments to play. Most of the game is sound effect driven. There are a couple of endings that will need music as well.

Seems like every time I turn around the level editor, the material thing,
or whatever, something either doesn't load right or crashes spontaneously.
06-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [A CS]Retracing memories - by madifier - 06-11-2012, 02:54 AM
RE: [A CS]Retracing memories - by Damascus - 06-12-2012, 12:08 AM
RE: [A CS]Retracing memories - by madifier - 06-13-2012, 12:06 AM
RE: [A CS]Retracing memories - by Adrianis - 06-12-2012, 11:12 AM
RE: [A CS]Retracing memories - by Adny - 06-12-2012, 01:55 PM
RE: [A CS]Retracing memories - by Adrianis - 06-13-2012, 09:33 AM
RE: [A CS]Retracing memories - by madifier - 06-14-2012, 02:05 AM
RE: [WIP]Retracing memories - by madifier - 06-17-2012, 07:08 PM
RE: [WIP]Retracing memories - by madifier - 06-24-2012, 06:07 PM