Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Issues Help hps scripting and .lang errors?
drunkmonk Offline

Threads: 7
RE: hps scripting and .lang errors?

Your problem is you have separate Inventory and Journal categories, you don't need to do this at all, you can put all the items in one inventory category and all journal entries in one category
I will use my .lang file for example

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">Welcome to my first custom story.[br][br]Your name is John Robinson, and you recieve a letter from your father explaining that Brad, your older brother
who always picked on you when you were little, has gone missing. His last known whereabouts was when
he and other achaeologists were invited to uncover the lost history of old castle Havaria in Prussia.
</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="LoadingText">
<Entry Name="chase">What was that thing! It was hidious and terrifying, how does such a creature exist? What is going on in this castle?</Entry>
<Entry Name="angel">I'm not really sure what to call it, was it divine protection that saved me or was it just luck. Either way, that thing is trying to kill me anymore.</Entry>
<Entry Name="safe">I feel a sort of calm when i'm in the lab. After what happened with the cave in, it makes me feel like someone is watching over me.</Entry>

</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
<Entry Name="Exit">Exit</Entry>
<Entry Name="Prison1">Eastwing Prison</Entry>
<Entry Name="Lab">Eastwing Lab</Entry>
<Entry Name="EastWingGuest">Eastwing Guest Quarters</Entry>
<Entry Name="UpperLevels">Upper Levels</Entry>
<Entry Name="LowerLevels">Lower Levels</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Quest_LeverQuest_Text">This door is locked by some sort of mechanism, maybe there is a lever around here somewhere.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Quest_SecretDoor_Text">The note mentioned that there was a secret door in Ian's study, maybe there is a way to open it around here somewhere</Entry>
<Entry Name="Quest_KeyQuest_Text">The door to the upper levels is locked, I must find a key somewhere to open it.</Entry>
//Notes

<Entry Name="Note_Brad1_Name">Brad's Journal Entry 17</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Brad1_Text">Journal Entry 17[br][br]Dr. Brad Robinson[br][br]It has been several days since my arrival and since we opened that secret door to the depths it has just been
one long nightmare. First it was Ian to go missing, then Hilda. I do not know the fate
of the other guests, I don't even know if Dad got my letter. I get the feeling that I too will
soon end up like Ian and Hilda. If that is to be my fate than there is only one thing
that I regret, I wish I could see John again and tell him how sorry I am for all the things I did to him
when we were growing up.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Discoveries_Name">Discoveries</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Discoveries_Text">Discoveries[br][br]Dr. Ian O'Connell[br][br] We have made some fabulous discoveries since our arrival here at the castle. Just today, Alan stumbled upon a
secret lever that opened a passage way, inside we found many texts about the history of the castle, some of
the texts referred to other secret rooms through out the castle and one of them being in my study, but I have failed
to make this discovery.[br][br] Amongst the texts we uncovered, we found a very peculiar tomb, there was no name of the
deceased or a description of whom they were, what they did, or when they were born. we also found what looked to be a
ceremonial dagger upon an alter with writings of a language I have never seen before that was inked, to what appeared
to be, blood. We removed the dagger for further study and as we did, the tomb began to shake and a glow was coming from
inside the sarcophagus, Alan and I gathered what texts we could and we fled the tomb.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Alan1_Name">Alan's Journal Entry 5</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Alan1_Text">Journal Entry 5[br][br]Dr. Alan Lewis[br][br] Yesterdays discovery was very intriguing and a little nerve racking. I have been studying the dagger we
recovered from the tomb for many hours, and I can't make heads or tails of it. The dagger is not like any
I have seen and I can't make out what it's even made of, it's as light as a feather and as hard as steel.
It's been down in that tomb for a least a hundred years, probably longer, and it looks as if it was just forged
yesterday. I gave the dagger to Hilda to study because she used to work with her father at a forgery, maybe she
can make some sense of the thing. I keep thinking about what happened in the tomb yesterday, and I can't help but
feel as if we have disturbed something that was better left forgotten.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Locked">
<Entry Name="Exit">I should read the letter on the desk before I go.</Entry>
<Entry Name="LockedLevel"> It's locked, I don't want to go back that way anyway.</Entry>
<Entry Name="LockedLevelDoor">It's locked, there must be a way to open it.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Blocked">It won't budge.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Messages">
<Entry Name="Setting"> Holstein, Prussia[br]Castle Harvaria[br] 1843</Entry>
<Entry Name="Doorbang">Nothing is getting through that door... I don't think.</Entry>
<Entry Name="CaveIn">What just happened?</Entry>
<Entry Name="Angel">Is there an angel watching over me?</Entry>
<Entry Name="Locked"> It's locked.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Unknown">I don't know what this does, I should leave it alone right now.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Wall">This wall looks pretty weak, maybe I and push some of the bricks out of the way.</Entry>

</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_Key_Upper_Levels">Upper levels key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_Key_Upper_Levels">This is the key to the upper levels.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

If you have more than one inventory or journal category, the game will have difficulties trying to locate which category to look under. I hope this helped Big Grin
07-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
hps scripting and .lang errors? - by Lizard - 07-06-2012, 04:26 PM
RE: hps scripting and .lang errors? - by drunkmonk - 07-06-2012, 04:51 PM
RE: hps scripting and .lang errors? - by Lizard - 07-06-2012, 04:59 PM
RE: hps scripting and .lang errors? - by Lizard - 07-06-2012, 05:09 PM
RE: hps scripting and .lang errors? - by Lizard - 07-06-2012, 05:29 PM
RE: hps scripting and .lang errors? - by Adny - 07-06-2012, 05:22 PM
RE: hps scripting and .lang errors? - by Adny - 07-06-2012, 05:39 PM
RE: hps scripting and .lang errors? - by Lizard - 07-06-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: hps scripting and .lang errors? - by Adny - 07-06-2012, 05:47 PM