Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How does Penumbra compare to Amnesia?
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: How does Penumbra compare to Amnesia?

Penumbra focuses more on the story then Amnesia. You can defend yourself in Overture, but not in Black Plague (well, you could kill the enemies by hitting them enough with objects, but that ruins the immersion). Amnesia focused more on the scares. I personally found the Penumbra physics to be more polished then Amnesia's. For instance, if I turn a valve, it didn't get stuck. If I lightly push my mouse forward when I am holding a door, it doesn't fly open like I'm on steroids.

They both had their scares. For instance, in Overture,
Spoiler below!
There's a room you go into, and a giant worm starts chasing you. You have to push buttons to seal the worm inside doors, and push boxes into acid pits to escape it. Once you're done with that, you have to smash barricades with your pickaxe, and at the end destroy a beam to collapse the ceiling. I found a video earlier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbpTDSQvFLs&feature=plcp
Doesn't compare to the Guest Room in Amnesia though. QQ

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 05:21 AM by Zaffre.)
07-23-2012, 05:15 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does Penumbra compare to Amnesia? - by Zaffre - 07-23-2012, 05:15 AM