Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How does Penumbra compare to Amnesia?
HateSolstice Offline

Threads: 0
RE: How does Penumbra compare to Amnesia?

I really don't get these comments about Amnesia not having as much story. The entire point of the game(besides losing your mind) was learning about what lead Daniel to inducing amnesia to begin with, and why he begs himself to kill Alexander.

The only real difference is that in Penumbra you read everything; there is very little voice acting besides one particular character. Amnesia has a lot more story-telling devices.

As for the OP's original question, Penumbra compares very well to Amnesia, albeit somewhat visually(and slightly mechanically) dated. It has a great story. The atmosphere is very secluded and induces a lot of isolated feelings and fears.

I say just go ahead and get the pack. I promise you wont regret it. But be warned: Requiem is NOT like the other two games. In fact, I don't think it's even connected in any way, as it's all puzzles.
07-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does Penumbra compare to Amnesia? - by HateSolstice - 07-24-2012, 09:29 PM