Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: It is
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shit.
87.88%
29 87.88%
I like it.
12.12%
4 12.12%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Why i think call of duty is shit.
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Why i think call of duty is shit.

(07-27-2012, 07:56 PM)the dark side Wrote: i did mention "with the exception of cod 4". the first modern warfare, i was suprised, and actually, delighted at how pro SAS that game was, sadly, when i rented cod 6, and from videos ive seen of cod 8, it seems the SAS took a back seat in exchange for 1. a rewrite of red dawn (cod 6) and 2. activisions take on battlefeild 3 (cod 8), perhaps i kind of mis-interpreted the point of the games. i do get confused sometimes.
This is kind of a silly thing to argue about, but the SAS wasn't the point or true main character for the long run. It was Price, Soap, and their friends in that.

Quote: Cod 4, yes, did allow the british players a chance to feel
that warm patriotic glow, but it seem to me, that, the other COD titles
either backed that down (Mw2 and 3) or removed it entirely.
Removed it entirely? I have to disagree with that entirely, as in MW2, and MW3 the only characters I actually gave a damn about what happened to were the original role call of Soap, Price, and related people.

Quote:i mean, yes, i know Call of duty is a very fast paced game, but, its too fast paced, i mean, i dont see why the cant slow the pace down a bit in sections to allow a bit of puzzling or item finding, as then the game will have a balanced pace, look at DOOM, every bit as fast paced in the main run as COD, but,
with item finding and puzzles to slow it down here and then and balance it out so it never gets stale. perhaps i am getting old before my years but i dont see why a game has to be constantly at 300 MPH, i cant see why it cant have a couple of 70 MPH sections here and there to balance it out.
Doom is a poor comparison to use in this situation. Doom is a horror game (Or at least a action horror title trying to be one), so I can understand it wants to try, and sometimes slow down to try, and let atmosphere soak in.

If you're so concerned with fast-paced gameplay, go play the stealth sections again. Those should be slow enough for you to enjoy, and while one mission might not be enough to balance it out as you say, it should be a interesting deviation.

Quote:Also, err, perhaps ive played the wrong COD titles, but i never encountered what i call "stealth", just sections were being spotted results in scripted game over. to me, that isn't stealth, stealth to me has dynamic AI to be avoided, Ai that will track you and use sound and vision to find you, like metal gear, not "stand up here and the nazis will flamethrower you to death, so dont stand up!" scripted crouching. i agree with pewdiepie, COD is just scripted to feel like there is stealth or AI, when really its just a script.
Weeelllll...strictly speaking the stealth in Call of Duty was always dynamic, except that during campaign, the game will keep giving you hints on how to do the stealth so you don't get stuck. If you want true dynamic stealth, go play the game's challenge modes. That's what you're looking for right there. I can understand why it wasn't like that in campaign mode because if it was, it would've pissed alot of people off for being too hard/vague in how to progress.

Quote:To avoid seeming too petty or elitist, let my give a parallel example, you wouldnt be happy, say, if you baught a brand new Ford "BOSS 302" Mustang and suddenly, the engine falls out because the work force have been too lazy to do the bolts up, you'd want your money back so you could go buy a Chevrolet Camaro SS,
The following statement is totally irrelevant, and off-topic, but your example reflects a "game-breaking issue", whereas lazy AI is annoying in games, it's usually (hopefully at least) not game breaking.

Quote:im sorry, but, come on, "press (something) to Reload..." i dont need telling what button to press! that really is being patronizing, just flash the ammo counter red when im getting low, lets people know they are running out of ammo without the game "wiping there bottom" for them! , same as , when it comes to a door they put "Space bar: Open", just put "Open", i know what button opens the door, i dont need to be shown the button every single time! i can understand how the hints would be usefull to really special people, but, at least offer those of us who dont need the help the option to turn the darn controll hints off!... its that, the total uneeded "mandatory patroniseation" is what really winds me up, also, you dont need the glowing boxes either, i dont see what is wrong with just a good old fashioned "action" icon, like the crosshairs forming a green box, or a hand appearing under the crosshairs, it worked in RTCW, and that could get pretty hectic paced at times... also, "gameplay flow"? can you explain that please? i dont understand. to me finding the objectives is all part of the gameplay experience, again, my age is probably showing.
That is because we are all veteran gamers. Ever wonder why games will keep saying "Use mouse to look around", and "WASD to move"? That's because no matter how many games are ever released, there will always be first-time gamers to everything, and they need to be educated on how the game works. Also, showing what button to click is to act as a caution to if we ever were to suddenly forget what button to press to open a door for example, and we had to go look for it in controls, which would break the flow of gameplay, whereas if you just saw the button you could just press it.

It helps occasionally, and isn't overdone, so that's good enough for me.

Also, what gameplay flow means that it feels like you're constantly linking one action after another without feeling like there was anything "foreign" to the cycle interrupting the cycle of whatever you're doing at the moment. It is a extremely vital element to make fast-paced game appealing, and not boring.

Quote:i played veteran on
cod-4. i am afraid my complaint still stands, either lady luck was
seriously on my side, or the game had glitched out on me and knocked out
the health cut out, but, even on veteran, i didnt take a single dirt
nap. thinking about it, i probably fell victim to a glitch in the health
system, as i said, COD games are kind of rushed out for the "mass
sales" periods, so they are not very reliable.
Lady luck was on your side. You will die from five bullets on Veteran difficulty. You can't just charge into anything on this difficulty. You have to play it super safe.
07-28-2012, 01:21 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why i think call of duty is shit. - by Bridge - 07-14-2012, 07:37 PM
RE: Why i think call of duty is shit. - by Adny - 07-14-2012, 08:53 PM
RE: Why i think call of duty is shit. - by Bridge - 07-17-2012, 04:06 PM
RE: Why i think call of duty is shit. - by Kman - 07-17-2012, 08:58 PM
RE: Why i think call of duty is shit. - by Bridge - 07-17-2012, 11:04 PM
RE: Why i think call of duty is shit. - by Sexbad - 07-18-2012, 04:20 AM
RE: Why i think call of duty is shit. - by zecuro - 07-17-2012, 11:13 PM
RE: Why i think call of duty is shit. - by Sexbad - 07-20-2012, 11:07 PM
RE: Why i think call of duty is shit. - by Zaari - 07-25-2012, 10:26 PM