Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(ON HOLD) Male Voice Actor Wanted - Deep Tones, No Accents.
Obsidiaguy Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Male Voice Actor Wanted - Deep Tones, No Accents.

Hello draven.

As a fellow aspiring voice actor with a bit of knowledge of recording, I think I can give you a couple pointers to enhance your recordings.

The first thing I noticed is you're speaking too close to the mic. There are a lot of breaths and pops heard throughout your recording. I recommend a pop filter of some sort, and not talking directly into the capsule. Aim your breaths a little to the side or below the capsule of the mic to prevent wind from hitting it.

You also sounded a bit too quiet. The volume of the recording might have been okay, but you weren't projecting at all. Even talking quietly needs projection of some sort. If just sounded like someone was in your room asleep and you didn't want to wake them.

I heard mic sounds, like you were holding the mic and fidgeting. You want the mic to be on a stand, preferably with some sort of shock mount. Some way that the mic is never touched or moved during recording, and no unseemly sounds can be heard.

Lastly, I recommend using a compressor on your recordings, between your mic and your DAW. In other words, apply the compression to your input, and not after you've already recorded your lines. The compressor will automatically turn your input volume down when you get too loud, so you won't have to worry about clipping.

Here's a good site to learn what a compressor does, with focus on audacity:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/Compressor

Voice actor always looking for work!
Check out my Portfolio
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2012, 07:08 PM by Obsidiaguy.)
08-31-2012, 07:07 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Male Voice Actor Wanted - Deep Tones, No Accents. - by Obsidiaguy - 08-31-2012, 07:07 PM
Here you are my good man! - by Muffin - 10-28-2012, 08:49 AM