Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: what do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Neat
18.75%
3 18.75%
Idk
31.25%
5 31.25%
Oh no
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Black ops 2 Some kind of Future war game.
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Black ops 2 Some kind of Future war game.

i can only say were my own hate comes from

1. it is pretty unplayable for me thanks to the mandatory dynamic scaling.

2. even if it wasnt for that, i know from some similar games that dont have scaling, that i would find it very boring because it has no challenge, just hide behind a rock and let the Ai do all the killing, it even shows you were to go and what buttons to press, i find that VERY patronising.

3. there is very little actual gameplay, just walk, cover, pop and shoot, and do QTE. thats it. no variety, no challenge.

4. the animations are totally incorrect, it has no realism what so ever despite the fact it is supossed to be realistic. (example: if you try and rack an AK overhanded, as animated in COD, you will rip your hand open on the safety catch!, you rack (pull the bolt) Underhanded!)

5. it is OFFENSIVLY over American, it is very poorly written with cliched, needlessly sweary scripting, is based around anti soviet fears that are over 20 years out of date, the plotlines are weak and disjointed, and as there is no emotional impotus or strong charachters, the storyline is even weaker, its just an excuse for killing foreign soldiers.

6. the graphics are terrible, constant texture clip, no anti aliasing, slow frame rate, etc. all because it was developed for a console that should have been put out to pasture 5 years ago!

7. it is SHORT! i am sorry, 2 hours is NOT a campaign, its a LEVEL!.

8. it is KILLING the games industry! (wich totally negates any positives it may have!)

what more reasons do i need, it is badly made, it is offensivly underwritten, it is incorrectly animated, it is Short, it is BORING, it is patronising, and it is KILLING the games industry. its influence on the genre has lead to the plaquye of modern shooters, and now they are thankfully loosing popularity, the publishers are now too lazy and inept to make Proper Shooters, meaning a games crash is unavoidable.

even if it does have some pretty spectacular set peices, its core gameplay is DEAD WRONG. and to me, if your core gameplay is wrong, youre entire game is wrong,.

in call of dutys defence, i will say, i think it is in the wrong media, due to its massive setpeices, and action focus over any semblance of coherant plot or good story, and total lack of interactivity, the very things that make them SUCK as videogames, are what makes a BRILLIANT ACTION MOVIE. as game, call of duty sucks, as a Movie, it would probably be absolutly Brilliant!

its in the wrong media! as a game, it will KILL the industry again, (like Shovelware killed it in the 80s, the modern shooter is todays shovelware) but as a movie, it would be pretty flipping cool.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2012, 10:01 PM by the dark side.)
08-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black ops 2 Some kind of Future war game. - by the dark side - 08-30-2012, 09:55 PM