Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which Lovecraftian Monster(s) would you like to see in a game by FG?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shoggoth
14.63%
6 14.63%
Elder Thing
12.20%
5 12.20%
Flying Polyp
7.32%
3 7.32%
Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath
9.76%
4 9.76%
Shub-Niggurath
2.44%
1 2.44%
Deep One
17.07%
7 17.07%
Star Spawn of Cthulhu
4.88%
2 4.88%
Cthulhu
12.20%
5 12.20%
Chthonian
7.32%
3 7.32%
Mi-Go
12.20%
5 12.20%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What Lovecraftian Monter(s) would you like to see in a future game?
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: What Lovecraftian Monter(s) would you like to see in a future game?

(08-21-2012, 10:55 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: I once tested higher water in Amnesia, and the underwater effects are not the same as Penumbra.
Maybe you wouldn't need screen effects. I think one could create underwater atmosphere simply through a ton of particles moving like they're underwater, custom sounds (most important), changing the movement and jumping/ falling speed of the player so it feels more sluggish, having a harsh falloff for the light from the flashlight, maybe putting some sort of texture in front of the camera so it looks like you're looking through glass...
True, that could work. I was thinking of importing the Penumbra Water from Black Plague/Requiem. Another problem is to few of sea monsters. Aside from the Kaernk, Frictional Games doesn't have water monsters.

Speaking of water monsters, I have a few ideas of 'Deep One' variants:

1: Angler Deep One (found artwork by Adam Bray here http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg34/scal...es=landing) Abilities/Stats: Females (who have the biological fishing lure) are bigger than the males. They use their fishing lure to (at the players very fist encounter) draw the player towards it. If he survives the first encounter, then they use the lure as a flashlight to search for him. The males, even though small, have an annoying bite and come in groups. During a chase, they tend to try to hold a player down so that the female can finish him off. Angler Deep Ones are fast but physically weak.

2: Dunkleosteus Deep One {Thought I saw an image of one, but that was some time ago and hiving trouble finding it. As for Dunkleosteus, I'm uncertain as to any difference between males and females.} While not as fast as the Angler Deep Ones, they are much stronger! Their favorite tactic is to charge you head on. As their skulls are a very special tough bone, your deep sea weapons can't hurt it. Their scales are very tough, chain-mail like. A shotgun at point blank range at places other than the head, it's not recommended. They are tough enough to make a hole in the side of a NAVY Sub with one punch! (Their head bashes are stronger, and their skin is thick). As for size, female Angler Deep Ones are player sized; Dunkleosteus Deep Ones are twelve foot tall!

Not sure if they should (both Deep One variants) have regeneration. I think so, but what speed/amount? Maybe half their health at a time (as opposed to 5 for the Grunt/Brute). Because they are agile, Angler Deep Ones have lower health than the player.

If these could be put into Frictional Games, they could be a great terror to the game.
08-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Lovecraftian Monter(s) would you like to see in a future game? - by The Rock Worm - 08-21-2012, 08:20 PM