Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Suggestions for Future Horror Games
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: Suggestions for Future Horror Games

(09-02-2012, 01:10 AM)Chronofox Wrote: Aside from scaring the player, I also think a good horror game needs a very refined "horror" plot. Silent Hill 2 came close to achieving this, although the characters in that game were just a bit too bizarre. Plot analysis is good - it shows depth in a game's story - but Silent Hill is simply too mysterious. Amnesia was a stunning example of a good "horror" plot due to the scary torture to back up the game's already psychologically terrifying gameplay.

From my personal experience, I believe that being "chased" by something unknown and mysterious is always a good premise for the start of a game. It's overdone, I know; but it can still be done well if you put in the right settings and characters. One thing that immediately got me interested in Amnesia was when I read the note about the Shadow hunting Daniel down.
Exactly. When you read about the Shadow, not only does it add more of an eerie feel to the atmosphere, it makes you curious as to what it is, which spurs you onward.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
09-02-2012, 01:41 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions for Future Horror Games - by Zaffre - 09-02-2012, 12:29 AM
RE: Suggestions for Future Horror Games - by Zaffre - 09-02-2012, 01:41 AM