Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread

I like to think that there are two sorts of movies: "movies", and amusement park rides.

Movies are good when they are able to deliver a solid story, and get you to feel the characters.

Amusement Park Rides are movies like the Expendables, and Transformers. They deliver adrenaline rushing action packed scenes, and are often guilty pleasures of the audience, because there's not much else, but it's still so damn mind blowing amazing.

You'll occasionally come across a movie which can blend the two, and create the best of both worlds, but I don't like to begrudge a movie if it "realizes" it is trying to be an action-packed amusement ride, and not some deep story-driven show. I respect it when movies do that, and hate it when movies try to be something they "aren't". Even if you'll forget about the movie after leaving, it's still good as a "different" way of entertainment at cinemas.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012, 05:18 PM by Kreekakon.)
10-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - by Kreekakon - 10-10-2012, 05:16 PM