Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread

(10-10-2012, 10:14 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: This. A thousand times this. I have never understood the appeal to anime. Yeah, it's an art style. It's a way of doing cartoons. But then you get the people who go "It's anime, not a cartoon" and I fully disagree with them. Unfortunately, many of the people I know and meet are massive anime fans and I've never seen the appeal to it.
I find it incredibly overrated.
I could start an ironic argument whit this. but since I am not in the mood to start a flame war I'll just directly respond to this:

I agree 100% whit what you've just said. I do know I couple of Good animes that I surely still enjoy (because of my cousin who is a massive anime fan. He is constantly seeding me animes that he THINKS I might find interesting. And from times to times he does send me a good one.)

But two things trouble me whit animes:

1: When I am searching for a new series to follow. I have search preferences, for example: sci fi, horror, adventure, etc. and I pick the one that seems to have the best STORY. whether it is a live action series, anime, cartoon or whatever. doesn't really matter to me. The problem whit anime fans is that they'll only watch a series if it is an anime to begin whit. which immediately cuts off the possibility to enjoy many other series that the person could also find good.

So anime pretty much goes around it's fan's brain as if it is the center of the artistic world.

one site that I find somewhat sad is the "My Anime list" although it has a nice concept... again its ONLY ANIME! like there isn't anything else in the world!

2: Anime is an Art killer. why? because anime is by far the art style that contains the most limitations on itself I HAVE EVER SEEN! its is so limited to the point you can't even distinguish the artworks between different artists! its down right ridiculous! There are herds of Anime artworks on sites like deviant art! This works cloud different styles of art like as if there weren't even there!

[Image: 38495735.jpg]
Just look at this picture! 6 out of 24 of this week's most popular artworks are Anime! Thats 25% of the stuff here! now Imagine the Millions on this website!!!
10-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - by Danny Boy - 10-10-2012, 11:19 PM