Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread

im dissing games that are easy! so yes, modern day "lead you by the hand" casual games, basically, to me, any game that allows you to play it when you don't even have the manual because it has no challenge from the Scripting, constantly shows you the controlls, and loads you onto a one way conveyer belt, is a "casual game". i don't enjoy them. they patronise me to the point of offense, and they bore me to tears, i want a challenge, no challenge, no fun!, if there isnt a challenge, there is No point in playing the game, i might as well go an watch a movie, because, basically,All i'm doing is watching a movie while just slamming in "U-S-A" on my keyboard every now and again to not die. how exiting.

many of todays mainstream games are meant to do nothing but be watched for the pretty graphics and mega setpeices, hence the lack of any challenging gameplay, because the publishers want to show off the mega setpeices to everyone, including, if how easy the games are now is anything to judge on, the family dog, sorry, if i want to watch games, ill watch "the wizard", sure, it may be an over-extended nintendo NES commercial, but its also one of the first live action movies to have an Autistic child for the main charachter, and deserves serious kudos for that. when i play a game, i want to play a game, wich means i want to be challenged. (something the Best NES games have in spades by the way).

sorry, a game with no challenge, Bores me, and if im bored, im not enjoying myself,

now, are we gonna get this back on topic? or do we rename this "the, "hey, lets roast the dark side for agreeing with googleplex" thread" ? Tongue

that reminds me. "The Wizard" can Definatly go on my "underated films" list, as a kid i loved it, as it had a main charachter i could relate with, and was about videogames, something i was, and still am, obsessed with, its got some serious nostalgia for me, and i still enjoy watching it even today. it's an innovator too, sure, there were films with autistic charachters before, such as rain man, that were aimed at adults, but i think "the wizard" is the first film, maybe even the only one, aimed at kids that has an autistic main charachter. it deserves some praise for that, doesn;'t it? i feel it is seriously underated, yes, i Know it is an over extended commercial for the NES.. but. still a fun movie and a much loved part of my childhood, and one that showed me i wasnt the "only child like me" in the world.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2012, 09:20 PM by the dark side.)
10-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - by the dark side - 10-11-2012, 08:46 PM