Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread

(10-11-2012, 09:24 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Again, the show isn't bad, it's fine; it's just all-around overrated - especially when compared to other kid's shows that get less than a fraction of the love.
I pretty much agree with you. For instance, I like shows like Jimmy Two-Shoes just as much as I like MLP, but you don't see any of this extreme love for that show.

I can probably shed some light on why I think it's so popular though. I get the feeling it has such a large following because of some combination of lowered expectations of craft for children cartoons, and ESPECIALLY a "My Little Pony" cartoon. I feel that the main reason so much people praised it in the first place is due to the biased view that it's a My Little Pony cartoon that's not complete shit, in turn giving it way more credit than equally deserving shows (Like Teen Titans IMO).

After it had stabilized a standard beginning fanbase due to reasons I said above which periodically produces awesome fan content, it attracts more fans mostly due to the growing fanbase until it snowballs into what it is today.

EDIT: The fanbase is also likely the reason MLP remains popular. For example, I watched all the episodes of Jimmy Two-shoes just as crazily I did MLP. But Jimmy Two-Shoes had no fanbase to fall back to after finishing all the episodes while MLP did, so it's easy to see which show was able to stand the test of time in my brain.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2012, 05:36 AM by Kreekakon.)
10-12-2012, 05:32 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - by Kreekakon - 10-12-2012, 05:32 AM