Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread

Excessive language:

Spoiler below!

Also overrated: Modern kids shows. I swear, my children will never be allowed near broadcasted TV. Comparing back then to now: Modern kids shows are insultingly patronizing. You never hear "hell", you never hear "die","death", or "dying". It's all about "Destroy" as if that is somehow better. I remember shows like DBZ that didn't beat around the bush. When someone died, they fucking died. They didn't "disappear" or "implode" or "be destroyed" they fucking died. Then they went to hell, not the "Underworld", and not "off camera". If they came back, then they were sent back down there again. Because fuck them.

Then there's the dumbed down acting. Power Rangers Samurai, for instance. You can tell that none of the "actors" actually want to be there. They practically read their lines off of a teleprompter.

Similar to AAA gaming, they chose nice and shiny over quality. There simply is no money in art.

It's going to be either video games or dvd cuts of older shows. Screw them all!

/90'skidrant

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
10-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - by Ghieri - 10-12-2012, 08:00 AM