Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread

(10-13-2012, 09:08 PM)the dark side Wrote: sigh, back to topic.

Underated: "the hand icon". Seriously, what the heck is with this "press 4 to open the door" thing?, i Know its numpad 4!, i rebound the ruddy key from "Return" to numpad 4, i dont need to be told that i need to press numpad4 to open a door. just, show me i can open the door by showing me an action icon, like a hand... thanks.
Man you really need to lay off your hint crusade. You can't always use icons as made abundantly evident by the Assassin's Creed series. It's much simpler to have the currently bound button displayed on the screen during the tutorials (if any) and after that just have an option to disable them. The accumulated time I've spent looking at the controls in the options probably amounts to a good 30 minutes. Why? Because instead of saying: Press E to react or press E to speak it says: Press the (icon of head) to do this action. Some of the icons just make no sense either. Like attacking with your off hand and letting go are some hand holding a stake? It's annoying. I don't know whether you have a legitimate rage for these hints or whether you just like to do unnecessary work but there is a fine line, believe me. Not all games have controls as simple as Amnesia. Btw, I find the context-sensitive icon cursors in Amnesia to be very distracting and immersion-breaking. It's very intuitive but they do not look as good as they should.
10-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - by Bridge - 10-13-2012, 09:31 PM