Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread
Mushroomx Offline

Threads: 0
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread

(10-13-2012, 10:05 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(10-13-2012, 09:37 PM)Mushroomx Wrote: I personally think that the two "Sherlock Holmes" films are a bit underrated, I think that the stories in both are interesting and clever and the action scenes are totally entertaining. Also Robert Downey Jr. plays how I see Sherlock, an eccentric, very well! I think the films definitely deserve more that a 7.5 in my opinion Smile
It depends on how you read the stories I guess. Robert Downey Jr. plays a more goofy Jack Sparrowy Holmes than the mildly eccentric gentleman Holmes from the stories. Personally my favorite Holmes portrayal is from the Sherlock TV series. Spot on in my opinion! Plus, Jude Law plays Dr. Watson all wrong. He constantly complains about the way Holmes acts and scolds him like he's a child (he pretty much is one in the new films though). The book Watson reveres Holmes. He considers it a privilege to be his friend and while he offers some interesting observations usually he is the audience proxy, responsible for making the audience understand what Holmes is thinking. He considers every moment he spends with him an opportunity to learn while Jude Law's Watson is more like a friend that gets dragged along everywhere despite not giving a shit. I was very disappointed with both of the characterizations, though they were amusing films.
You mean the BBC series Sherlock? Cause I love that. It is so perfectly portrayed in a modern day sense! I agree that it is a good show! I suppose you are right in the fact that Watson is played wrongly like a carer (sort of)! But in my opinion films are never quite as good as the books! Smile
10-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - by Mushroomx - 10-13-2012, 10:34 PM