The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New More Do-able/Exciting Project and going away for a while
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
New More Do-able/Exciting Project and going away for a while

Even though I had a story idea for "Beneath the Ice", after replaying Penumbra: Overture and Penumbra: Black Plague I have decided to shelve "Beneath the Ice" in favor of a better story. Even when I first played Penumbra, I loved how 'real' it felt.Not just its mechanics, but the story itself felt like "Something like this could really happen" (granted this was before encountering the giant worm and the Tuurngait).

So if I want that same kind of feel, that this story could really happen, I needed a new direction. I will share a secret, I love the sea critters, especially the deep sea ones. If I'm lucky, I would join the explorers into those unexplored depths. Taking this thought in mind, I developed a new story line that I would 100% enjoy doing (far more than my "Beneath the Ice" one) and be easier to make.

Please note that I will not be on this forum until the first chapter of the story is done. I promise to never shelve this story but create it. Considering it's designed off of my deep sea desires, I never will be able to shelve it. Time taken away from being in the forum will include: story production, new models (still updating my Linux/Blender), and testing the first chapter before release. Also note that the you play character shares my desires for the deep, but who's name isn't mine. Consider the teaser below as a trailer for an upcoming movie, something that gets you interested in more (but have to wait for its release).

---Robert is finally living his dreams of exploring the unknown frontier! This frontier isn't in space, but down in the ocean depths, where strange sea critters thrive despite the intense pressures. Working for the leading organization on ocean exploration, who prepare the descent you will take in the Kermadec Trench. Your mind wonders what you will encounter down in the unknown. Known deep sea critters are already more bizarre than people ever imagined. As a boy, you've daydreamed of finding Megalodons, a 60' more muscled version of the Great White Shark and undisputed King of the Seas, in the deep sea trenches. Reading Steve Alten's MEG series only added to your dreams of the deep. Dreams can turn into nightmares however. By the time you start exploring the trench, you face unexpected mysteries and terrors so horrifying that you wish only a mere Megalodon was hunting you! Are you ready to discover the secrets of...

The Dark Depths
(coming to a computer near you)
10-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
New More Do-able/Exciting Project and going away for a while - by The Rock Worm - 10-11-2012, 05:34 PM