Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Who are your favorite authors and Why?
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Who are your favorite authors and Why?

Does Planescape Torment count as a book? That game is like 90% reading, and good reading at that.

On a more serious note, I don't read too much but when I do it's most likely some short story, that said I don't really have a favourite author, but if I have to choose one it'd be Terry Pratchet, because it's probably his books I've read the most, and I liked it. I've never had a great interest in reading books that much though I love text heavy games (that's why I love Torment, Baldurs gate and Morrowind) and that's probably the biggest dose of litterature I get, sometimes I regret that I don't read as much as I should, because I like to write and exposing yourself to the arts that you practice is the best way to learn for me. I think that's why I like painting and music better, because I find it more intriguing to watch and listen than to read.

Quote:J.R.R. Tolkien - What's not to love about Lord Of The Rings? I have also read the book that was put toghether by his son; Unfinished Tales Of Númenor And Middle-earth. It had a great atmosphere and feeling to the stories, it's a shame he (J.R.R. Tolkien) didn't finish many of them.
The only book of his that I've read is Bilbo (or there and back again) but I just couldn't get into the trilogy, I found the beginning tremendously slow and tedious so I quit, Bilbo is a really fine book though and I loved it, can't wait for the movie later this year.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
11-24-2012, 01:13 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are your favorite authors and Why? - by eliasfrost - 11-24-2012, 01:13 AM