Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Who are your favorite authors and Why?
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: Who are your favorite authors and Why?

(11-24-2012, 01:29 AM)Chronofox Wrote: I didn't like LOTR much either. I give it credit and respect for basically inventing the entire fantasy genre, but it's just that I've read better fantasy novels. Not to mention all the random implied racism.
Lord of the Rings is an ok story but I got a couple of things to say about it (the movies that is). The ridiculous amount of scenes where Frodo falls is Incredibly obnoxious. The amount of gay looking moments is ridiculous. I mean really. watch the scene from the first movie where Frodo wakes up in that elf bed or whatever where the other Hobbits come along and start jumping around in the bed!... And finally. I pretty much think the Old wizard man is the villain of the story. Come on! he makes two pseudo dwarfs almost incapable to walk due to their staggering amount of feet fur, to walk around a year or so on foot to hell itself when he could send the eagle things that he sent to help the hobs when they finished to kill the eye ball that wants to doom us all for a non specified reason! its silly... Lotr is too mainstream for the contents it possesses!

(11-25-2012, 02:51 AM)nackidno Wrote:
Quote:Hate Stephen king even though he is in almost every one's list of favorite writers...
Agreed, the main reason would be his inability to write decent dialogue, it kinda reflects into the movies based on his books, the "new" the shining comes to mind (damn that movie was awful).
But unfortunately I got to admit... The only Stephen king related thing I did enjoy was the movie " The Shining" Tongue I know most scenes make little sense and I found both Hilarious and insulting on how the black man did die first. But still I found the movie well made and was suspenseful in some of its highlights!

But you "It"!... You go crawl back to your sewers and have fun whit your goddamn floating balloons! you should burn for the stereotype compilation, and for the unsuspenseful scenes you posses!!!
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2012, 03:09 AM by Danny Boy.)
11-25-2012, 03:00 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are your favorite authors and Why? - by Danny Boy - 11-25-2012, 03:00 AM