Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nublette Requires Assistance with Scripting and Puzzles
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: The Nublette Needs Help With Everything

Also, I have a question. It's not riddle-based, so maybe I'll be able to acquire some help Smile

To be clear, All I wanted to know about the riddles was whether they were too hard to figure out

Is it possible to have an action on one map, let's say pulling a lever is the action, effect another map, opening a secret door? In other words, would I need to use the global.hps file to do this and would that require FC, or is it possible to have global variables without creating a conversion?

The idea I have in mind is much more complicated than just a lever opening a secret door, but it was a good basic example of what I'm trying to achieve.

Aaaaaaaaaand one more question:
Spoiler below!

My maps are showing up in the level editor's file browser, I can load them in-game, I can load and save the files as many times as I want, but they aren't showing up in the Window's file browser.

I'm not sure I was really clear with what I said there... Okay, let's pretend I make a map. I save this map to C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia The Dark Descent\redist\maps\created_story as test_map.map

When I'm in the level editor, I can see test_map in its folder and open whenever I want. In Amnesia, I can load it from debug mode (and non-debug mode), go through a level door into test_map, leave test_map and go back to the first room, and the script, test_map.hps, works on the map.
However, when I open the file through my computer's file browser (Windows Explorer), test_map.map does not show up. I saved the file directly to that folder on first save, not sure if that affected the map's disappearance.

Found my solution by reading the post I was supposed to read before posting Smile (I'm surprised I haven't been shot yet for blindness)
A: It may be in the VirtualStore, if you are using Windows (read this)

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2013, 06:28 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
01-14-2013, 01:52 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Nublette Needs Help With Everything - by CarnivorousJelly - 01-14-2013, 01:52 AM