Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What "Life Stats" would you want to know before dying?
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: What "Life Stats" would you want to know before dying?

(01-09-2013, 02:57 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: I'm not in pain. You refuse to accept things as they are. You avoid what of real we can get and live in an illusory state. I don't and I'm happy with it. That's the difference. The only painful thing I find is that no matter what you try, people that don't want to see shall never see. Understand the difference...It might be a start.

Quote:“Thoughts and intentions emerge from background causes of which we are unaware and over which we exert no conscious control,” Harris concludes. “We do not have the freedom we think we have.”

Source? Also, some terms need to be defined here before we carry on. Firstly: thoughts and intentions - as in instincts? I know that when someone is trying to kill me I have almost no choice whatsoever - fight or flight response takes over. That does not mean we are slaves to our subconscious - it's a self preservation mechanism. Secondly, the body has a natural disposition towards certain things that are potentially lethal. When you accidentally ingest a toxin the body makes a note of its taste, smell and appearance that it forces you to remember - so that you don't die (this is called taste aversion - most people get it during hangovers after really heavy drinking). Again, this does not mean you have no choice what you eat or drink. You tell your brain to tell your arms to lift themselves up and place the object in your hand in your mouth. The natural aversion to certain things is a way of keeping you alive, not keeping you in check. I don't complain about lack of social freedom because I'm not allowed to own anthrax. All of the pure aesthetics of life, such as music, non-toxic or non-allergy-inducing food, and the list goes on, are totally up to you. Personally, these are the things that matter to me, not the fact that my body prevents me from doing stupid shit that gets me killed.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2013, 10:30 AM by Bridge.)
01-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What "Life Stats" would you want to know before dying? - by Bridge - 01-09-2013, 10:16 AM