Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Stories I want to do but unable to
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: Custom Stories I want to do but unable to

(02-05-2013, 03:46 PM)Adrianis Wrote:
(02-05-2013, 03:14 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: I would be happy and greatly appreciate it if you wrote the script part for 'Madness in the Mansion' story. Yes, I don't know how to script FG scripting (I know some C++, though haven't used this knowledge in years). I also don't know how to 'attach' scripting code to the appropriate script box.

"wrote the script part for 'Madness in the Mansion' story"

What I meant was, I'm happy to write the part where there are several random notes, and you go to different parts of the mansion, that shouldn't be very difficult. The rest of the scritping for the rest of the game would be up to you, I'm sorry to say! Spacies keeps me busy enough Smile

If you know even a tiny bit of C++, use of variables, logic statements / loops and functions then you know everything you need for HPL2 scripting - its just a case of 'fitting' in what you know. There are loads of great tutorials that can get you started, it's really simple to learn the basics, then you can fit in what you know from C++. I'm not really sure what you mean by 'script box', but the script code file (.hps) is 'attached' to a map file (.map) simply by name, and being in the same folder...
Thanks for the explanation. I planned on the "several random notes, and you go to different parts of the mansion" being the only scripted event. Now figuring out the different ending notes in the 'end credits' section I will figure out once I get there.

Now let's see if I understand this correctly. Let's say we have a script coding called "RandomNotes". I then make a the script area in the LevelEditor (represented by a red box) also called "RandomNotes". Would this mean the coding knows to start once you enter the script area of the same name?
02-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom Stories I want to do but unable to - by The Rock Worm - 02-05-2013, 04:11 PM