Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: Where did the Servants Come From
Diz Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Amnesia: Where did the Servants Come From

(02-17-2013, 01:42 PM)felixmole Wrote: Also, in the prison you can hear a man being dragged into a cell by a brute. I assume their task was to guard the prison and take the prisoners to the choir, where the torture rooms were.

Although in the sewers you can see a grunt that has been cut in half, which could very well have been done by a brute.

I always thought this was the brute chasing after a man. This also might match more with the scene where you hear the man being torn apart by the brute, a splash of blood flowing out of the door and the brute coming out and walking the other direction. =)

The task to guard the prison sounds very intriguing, and it is also where we start hearing and seeing them more. However, I am starting to think that their task might be more focused on actual defense and guarding, perhaps if just to strike enough fear into the prisoners for them not to try any funny stuff. The fact that the brute has a huge machete thing for an arm brings the question what their purpose really was. Did Alexander merely need creatures to capture and bring in prisoners, or did he really need something definite deadly? Perhaps it was needed as a means to ensure nobody had the chance to escape, and hunt down and kill any fleeing prisoners before they could tell anyone on the outside what was going on?

Ah, the severed grunt in the sewers. It does make sense that the brute could slice it up in a split second. However, if we are to assume that the brutes are, like the grunts, under Alexander's control and will, this may not be likely, unless the brutes and grunts would attack anything moving at sight. I personally believe the guardian killed it. A note by Daniel said that victims of the guardian often had their limbs scattered and split, and the corpse was lying right by the otherworldly tissue. If you think back to the back hall, once you leave your guest house, a blood-covered torso is found right outside, likely belonging to a grunt, and shortly, the guardian leaves its trademark.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2013, 04:46 PM by Diz.)
02-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia: Where did the Servants Come From - by Diz - 02-17-2013, 04:43 PM