Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Insults, arguments it's so pointless what's the point?
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Insults, arguments it's so pointless what's the point?

No offense, but I'm pretty sure this is quite similar to Robosprog's thread here:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-20355.html

Which was made not too long ago. Members here, in a general sense, have come off of the negative attitude towards newer members. Don't look so much in the past anymore. Many members here do that, and it annoys me when I see things like "No flying naked men in my custom story!" Honestly, when was the last time that happened in a custom story? Because it's been quite awhile for me.

Some of the senior members are a bit feisty, and it bothers me as well, but it's occurred much less recently, and I'd wish more members would stop dwelling on this. Complaining does nothing, action does. So when you see a newbie post his work, give him some tips, let him know what needs fixing, and if he accepts it, GREAT! He's on his way to being one of the top guns. Not everyone here started off as a pro, you can't tell me your first map you ever made was perfect, none of you, not me, hell, even Frictional's first "maps", though mainly alpha/beta stages, were still in need of improvement. And what did they do? They get playtesters who give them feedback, they apply that feedback, and the results come back positive for the creator, AND the playtesters. You start telling them it's shit? They can't what to improve on, you go "TOLD YOU SO!" and they stop making things. Another member gone. Another potential creator whose second story could've been in your Top 10.

So please, don't bring this up. Everyone means well, they just don't show it sometimes. I think some of the sassy senior members are still burned up from the "era of PewDiePie CS" and can't move on. I think it's okay to assume we're out of that now, so time to get out of the hole or worrying about this forum now. It's not making it much better making everyone feel like shit.

TL;DR
Read it.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013, 06:44 AM by Statyk.)
02-22-2013, 06:39 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Insults, arguments it's so pointless what's the point? - by Statyk - 02-22-2013, 06:39 AM