Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you like the idea of playable monsters and do you think its possible?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I like it, and it should indeed be possible. Smile
26.32%
5 26.32%
No, I dont like it, but it should indeed be possible. :/
15.79%
3 15.79%
Yes, I really like this idea, but im afraid its not possible. Sad
21.05%
4 21.05%
No, I dont like it, and I think its impossible to achieve. Tongue
36.84%
7 36.84%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Play as an npc in amnesia the dark decent
Erik The Born Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Play as an npc in amnesia the dark decent

(03-17-2013, 03:01 PM)Adrianis Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 10:10 AM)Erik The Born Wrote: Oh I see. I talk to him then.

Dude, you're going to need to work out how to do quite a bit of this stuff by yourself. You could get it working roughly with the help of people who have done it before, but if it's not quite right / needs some basic changes, your going to run into trouble because you won't know how it works.

Start off with something much smaller. See if you can make a custom story where interacting with a door will smash it apart - that's very possible and won't require you mess around with any config files, so start by making that work, then just work up in stages

Also
Quote:But do you think i can make it do sound?
Yes of course. Again, if you would just look through the engine script page, you can see what is possible. You don't even have to understand them yet, just read about what they do so that you'll know for the future

Yeah. I dont get it sometimes. Im planning on making some inaccesable areas in the actual amnesia story accessable and there make my custom maps and stuffs. But how do i make a custom script? Where do i place it? I have a custom story in the custom story folder included cfg file maps file. What do i need to do if i for example want to make a valve that does something? Ok that i probably find tutorial on. But you can make a playerinteractcallback on the door right. And you paste the path to the txt file includeing the script?
03-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Play as an npc in amnesia the dark decent - by Erik The Born - 03-17-2013, 05:29 PM