Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you like the idea of playable monsters and do you think its possible?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I like it, and it should indeed be possible. Smile
26.32%
5 26.32%
No, I dont like it, but it should indeed be possible. :/
15.79%
3 15.79%
Yes, I really like this idea, but im afraid its not possible. Sad
21.05%
4 21.05%
No, I dont like it, and I think its impossible to achieve. Tongue
36.84%
7 36.84%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Play as an npc in amnesia the dark decent
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Play as an npc in amnesia the dark decent

(03-19-2013, 04:38 PM)Erik The Born Wrote:
(03-19-2013, 04:11 PM)martinnord Wrote:
(03-19-2013, 03:37 PM)Erik The Born Wrote: Anyway lets go to this then. I want to be able to hit and destroy objects like enemies does. Example a door. By right clicking it you will hit the door, eventually destroying the door completly. can you tell me a script wich allows that? Then its just to maker a hpl file for my map right. Paste the script there and load the map and it will alow me to do so. Remember thatits not just doors I want to smash. Any other object capable of being smashed. Like barrels boxes. Prison doors etc...

I think it has something to do with the health of the entity. So you would have to make a script that decreases the entities health whenever you are both looking at the entity, within a certain range of the entity and turn your lantern off
( the lantern which you have now turned into an animated monster hand with your amazing skills).

Ok keep in mind that I dont know scripting and if you were to post a spoiler with the script it would really help me on this. But yeah the lantern idea, is it the only way? Cant you just bind right mouse button for it? Anyways I can never script those stuffs myself. Im gona need some1 who knows how to do it, paste the script in a spoiler.

Learn to script. we wont do it for you.

You only have acces to very little code, most of it being as simple as coding different functions together instead of the incredible difficulty it is to actually write them, so its definitely not impossible if you put in the time.
I hope you have experience in 3d software like blender/maya/3dsmax though for animating the hand, else you can expect to spend very long on this.

PS: You cant bind functions to keys with the available script, its in the source code.
03-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Play as an npc in amnesia the dark decent - by WALP - 03-19-2013, 05:33 PM